Tuesday, April 21, 2009

TEAM SKINNER'S CHALLENGE

With the new value in YW of VIRTUE, we were challenged (as YW and leaders) to finish the Virtue Value Project. This means reading the Book of Mormon. Well, it has been quite a long time since I have done that (since Pres. Hinckley's challenge), so Ashlee and I (Team Skinner) decided to challenge 3 other teams to a contest! We are trying to do it in 90 days. We started yesterday and should finish July 18th. So, I had Austin download the whole Bof M on my IPOD and what a GREAT idea that was! I rode my bike today for a couple hours and listened up to chapter l0. I even listened to chapter l and 2 over again. I feel like I have a good start! Why haven't I done this before? Anyway, I found myself really empathizing with Sariah when Lehi was having his "visions". She griped and complained and murmured! When Kevin first suggested moving to the Marshall Islands, guess who griped and complained? "Oh Kevin, you are such a visionary man!" ARGH!!! That is what I got out of the scriptures today! I guess this blog will be my "journal" of sorts. I am not doing this for anyone else's benefit - but my own. Anyway, we challenged TEAM JACKSON, TEAM CHENEY, AND TEAM PACE. 1/4 of the way through, we will go to a movie. 1/2 way through, Costa Vita lunch, 3/4 - mother/daughter pedicures, and at the end - a big 'ol Slumber Party!!! It's always fun when there is a reward!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute blog....but would I expect anything less from you? Absolutely not! You are so great & I love how fun you are. I said the same thing about blogging & then when we moved it pretty much forced me into it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! The Ipod is great for reading scrips...Mark listens on his commute to work and has figured out he'll be able to finish all the standard works in less than a year. I guess the long commute to north Scottsdale is good for something even though he's hardly home. My goal is just to read BofM every day without missing...I'm on day 513!

    You're only staying on the islands for a couple of years, right? I guess you have to look at it as the next great adventure in your life! Or like a mission??

    ReplyDelete