Thursday, September 14, 2017

MTC

DAY 2 - (Sept. 12)

Just look at these two cute kids!  Off to conquer new places!!!  Well, old places. . . that we've been to before. . .
Today we had group pictures taken.  We had to do it in 4 groups!  There are 125 of us!

We had class in the morning and in the afternoon we were able to take a field trip!  We toured the new MTC.  There are 6 floors and a big huge canvas piece of art on each wall.  One of Moses, one of Joseph Smith, Alma, etc.  They are lit from behind and really fantastic.

We ran into Chris Heywood!  He is leaving on Monday for the Checz Republic. I had to snap some pictures for Jill.  We actually ran into him the VERY FIRST DAY and I also snapped photos for Jill.  We all love to get pics. from our missionaries!


DAY THREE at the MTC - Sept. 13

Well, I woke up with a terrible caffeine headache (withdrawal)!  I'm just an idiot!!!  Anyway, Kevin is a good hubby (sometimes) and he called Austin and Tori and had them make a coke run for me!  Oh, was I happy when we met them at lunch in the parking lot across the street!  Talk about a fix!  They also brought 4 GIANT cookies!  AND...some Mt. Dew for Kevin.  But he's not addicted - NO!


We also had to do the cliche photo in front of the big map of the world showing where we came from and where we are going!


After our meetings/classes were over, we came back to our room and changed.  I had about 30 min. to get to Tori's work (University & 3rd No.) before she closed.  Kevin was meeting Austin at 5:55 to go to Rock Canyon with him to climb with the YM.  I ran 2.5 miles to Tori's and got there at 6:01.  She waited for me and I watched her in action as she scooped raw cookie dough up for customers!  What a fun place to work!  Dulce Cookie Dough cafe.  She walked her bike home as I walked beside her.  We hung out at their apt. for about 30 min. and then she had to go to YW.  I walked home.  As I was walking home, some guy honked his horn and pulled over beside me.  It was Dave Cheney!  So fun to see an Arizonan here in Utah.  He said 4 of his girls are here in Utah!  I couldn't believe it!  He said he was working and had just gone to New Skin.  Anyway, so fun.  I walked the rest of the way home. Kevin arrived 5 min. later.

Tori - hard at work!

Oh George!!!


DAY 4 at the MTC (Sept. 14)
"To knot, or not to knot"

These questions are important!
Don't know why I care about my clothes so much.  Weird.  This morning we had APP training.  It is fun to learn about the LDS Media Library and how to highlight, tag, etc.  We had some new teaching experiences.  
Tonight we met the Lunds at the Provo Temple.  They will be renting our house.  They are super nice people! 
I called Michelle to meet me at 4:45.  She came with all the kids.  (except Chelsea who is married).  We drove to Dairy Queen.  They all got treats.  
Taylor thinks he has strep throat.  Hailie was driving.  Macy was happy to show me her kitten.  Taylor stayed home wrapped up in his robe.  Macy, Michelle and I drove to Mom & Dad's old house.  We decided to knock and ask if we could go in.  Ashlee was so nice and let us have a tour!  It was emotional!  Macy wrote in marker under the cubby since she had never been able to do that!  Then to Duff Mitchells house and visited.  He is NOT well.  So many things wrong with him.  Cathi was at some relative's funeral.  So we missed her.
Michelle dropped me off and I am in bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment